This full-day workshop will introduce participants to the key aspects of fundraising.
It will support participants to understand the jargon used, to map their fundraising needs in relation to the ‘spectrum of income generation’ and think about what key information is needed to complete successful grant applications.
Who should attend?
This course is suitable for anyone who:
Is involved with fundraising for the organisation
Is new to fundraising
Is starting up an organisation
- Write successful funding applications:
- understand the different sections of an application form
- Get fit for funding:
- what are the legal requirements,
- roles and responsibilities of trustees and staff,
- constitution/governing documents;
- Explore diverse income streams and assess if they are relevant for your organisation
- Know the different sources of funding available and know where to look
- Understand monitoring and evaluation: proving the need, know your SMART Outcomes
- Plan your budget: what might you ask for money for, what makes a strong budget?
- Understand what you should incorporate into a fundraising strategy
On completion of this Fundraising Made Easy workshop participants will be able to:
- identify what funders are asking for in different sections of an application form
- identify where to look for funding
- consider diverse funding opportunities
- plan monitoring and evaluation of projects
- outline the structure of a fundraising strategy for their organisation
- and be familiar with specific terminology used in fundraising
Community Waltham Forest members: FREE
1. This workshop is for people involved in the voluntary and community sector (staff members, trustees or active volunteers). If you are not part of an organization, please get in touch with us prior to booking your place
2. There is a £25 fee payable for non-attendance unless 3 working days’ notice of cancellation has been given. If three of our training courses are missed without prior notice, you will not be able to participate in any sessions for the remainder of the annual training and events
3. Lunch is not provided for this course. Ideally, please bring a sandwich or something with you so that we can chat during this time.
Please see our Training Terms and Conditions before booking your place. We ask that a maximum of two people per organisation book to attend as we have limited places.