This workshop will be an introduction to the most important things you need to think about and plan when setting up a new organisation.
You will have the opportunity to meet with others who are setting up.
Who should attend?
This workshop is suitable for:
People who wish to set up a not-for-profit (eg. community group, a charity or a social enterprise) organisation that will provide services, activities or products to the people of Waltham Forest.
People who have set up a not-for-profit organisation recently.
We encourage you to attend with your colleagues. There will be a limit of three people from each group.
We require you to complete out initial assessment questionnaire before attending the workshop. This asks a few questions about your plans and ideas. It will enable the trainer to tailor the workshop to your needs.
The workshop help you work through these questions:
- What are we, a community group, a charity or a social enterprise?
- Legal forms – what kinds of legal structure are available and how should I chose?
- Sources of income – what are the different types of income available to my organisation?
- What’s out there? – what do I need to know about the context my organisation will be working in?
- Co-operation or competition? How does my organisation fit in with the work of others?
- Training Outcomes
On completion of the workshop you will:
understand what a legal form is and why it is important
know what the key sources of income are for non-profit organisations
be introduced to how to go about assessing need
understand the key elements of designing a project
be poised to decide whether setting up an organisation is right for you
After the workshop we will send you a briefing of further reading and resources to help you develop your organisation
Community Waltham Forest members: FREE
1. This workshop is for people involved in the voluntary and community sector (staff members, trustees or active volunteers). If you are not part of an organization, please get in touch with us prior to booking your place
2. There is a £25 fee payable for non-attendance unless 3 working days’ notice of cancellation has been given. If three of our training courses are missed without prior notice, you will not be able to participate in any sessions for the remainder of the annual training and events
3. Lunch is not provided for this course. Ideally, please bring a sandwich or something with you so that we can chat during this time.
Please see our Training Terms and Conditions before booking your place. We ask that a maximum of three people per organisation book to attend as we have limited places.
We offer bespoke training and consultancy for organisations wishing to undergo a tailor-made programme specific to their requirements. For more information please call us on 0203 8939790
Please book your space here