Sarah Teichler (Teichler Consulting Ltd.) is offering a free Equality, Diversity and Inclusion (EDI) workshop for voluntary or community organisations within Waltham Forest.
This three-hour workshop (10.00am – 1.00pm) will give participants the opportunity to explore issues relating to promoting and fostering equality, diversity and inclusion (EDI), using examples relevant to the voluntary and community sector.
It will support participants to understand key concepts, legal obligations and organisational benefits in relation to EDI and to identify actions to help their organisation to improve their EDI practice.
Who should attend?
This workshop is suitable for anyone who:
• Is responsible for EDI policy / practice within the organisation
• Has not previously had EDI training in relation to their role, or who wishes to refresh their knowledge and understanding
• Is starting up an organisation
• What are equality, diversity and inclusion, and why are they important?
• The Equality Act 2010
• Stereotypes and bias
• The social model of disability and adjustments for disabled people
• Identifying actions to take away
By the end of this workshop, participants will have:
• Described the concepts of equality, diversity and inclusion
• Explained the key aspects of the Equality Act 2010, including who it protects, what it protects against and how it applies to voluntary and community organisations
• Described the benefits of equality, diversity and inclusion to organisations and the community
• Explored the way in which stereotypes undermine equality, diversity and inclusion
• Identified some ways to challenge attitudes and behaviour from others which undermines equality, diversity and inclusion
• Identified at least one action they will take to increase their organisations ability to promote and foster equality, diversity and inclusion
Please see our Training Terms and Conditions before booking your place. We ask that a maximum of two people per organisation book to attend as we have limited places.
Booking is essential