Need is the term used to describe an issue or situation where something needs to change to make things better, for a person, a group of people, an environment or an organisation. Identifying need is the starting point of any project. Funders want to know that you have good reasons for your project.
When you clearly understand your project’s needs, you can
· Choose project activities that enable you to accomplish the true desired impact
· Monitor performance during and at the end of the project to ensure that you’re meeting the real needs
· Realise when the project isn’t meeting the real needs so that you can suggest modifying or cancelling it
This is a practical workshop to help you to explore ways to identify and analyse the need for your project. During the workshop we will look at the key points for carrying out a needs assessment - the key questions that need to be addressed - and then where and how to look for the right evidence.
As this will be a practical workshop and we will access websites and search for evidence, the participants should bring their own laptops (unfortunately we do not have resources to provide computers for everyone).
Who should attend
This is ideal for anybody working in the voluntary and community sector looking to improve their planning skills. It is particularly useful for trustees and managers.
At the end of workshop you will have
- A better understanding on what the ‘ project need’ means and how to demonstrate that
- Increased knowledge on how to find out more about local needs
1. This workshop is for people involved in the voluntary and community sector (staff members, trustees or active volunteers). If you are not part of an organization, please get in touch with us prior to booking your place
2. There is a £25 fee payable for non-attendance unless 3 working days’ notice of cancellation has been given. If three of our training courses are missed without prior notice, you will not be able to participate in any sessions for the remainder of the annual training and events
3. Lunch is not provided for this course. Ideally, please bring a sandwich or something with you so that we can chat during this time.
Booking is essential! Please book your space below!
Please see our Training Terms and Conditions before booking your place. We ask that a maximum of two people per organisation book to attend as we have limited places.
We offer bespoke training and consultancy for organisations wishing to undergo a tailor-made programme specific to their requirements. For more information please call us on 02038939790.