This full-day workshop will introduce participants to the key aspects of fundraising. It will support participants to understand the jargon used, to map their fundraising needs in relation to the ‘spectrum of income generation’ and think about what key information is needed to complete successful grant applications.
Who should attend?
This course is suitable for anyone who:
- Is involved with fundraising for the organisation
- Is new to fundraising
- Is starting up an organisation
Write successful funding applications:
- understand the different sections of an application form
Get fit for funding:
- what are the legal requirements,
- roles and responsibilities of trustees and staff,
- constitution/governing documents;
Explore diverse income streams and assess if they are relevant for your organisation
Know the different sources of funding available and know where to look
- Understand monitoring and evaluation: proving the need, know your SMART Outcomes
- Plan your budget: what might you ask for money for, what makes a strong budget?
- Understand what you should incorporate into a fundraising strategy
On completion of this Fundraising Made Easy workshop participants will be able to:
- identify what funders are asking for in different sections of an application form
- identify where to look for funding
- consider diverse funding opportunities
- plan monitoring and evaluation of projects
- outline the structure of a fundraising strategy for their organisation
- and be familiar with specific terminology used in fundraising
This training is free. Future training will be free to Community Waltham Forest members. Membership is free you can join here.
Please see our Training Terms and Conditions before booking your place. We ask that a maximum of two people per organisation book to attend as we have limited places.
Lunch is not provided for this course. Ideally, please bring lunch with you otherwise we can provide you with directions to other local cafes and supermarkets nearby.
Book your place:
Community Waltham Forest, Development Team