The Waltham Forest Council of Mosques, Leyton Sixth Form College and Parish of Walthamstow are working to bring three Syrian refugee families to safety in Waltham Forest. They will be looking after each family, by providing a house and helping them to settle and integrate within the community.
This incredible partnership initiative has already raised considerable funds and is preparing to apply to the Home Office to sponsor new families to come to the borough.
The application and the preparations will be strengthened by more community partners coming forward to join the partnership, and lend their support, in whatever way they are able.
Please email email@example.com now if you are able to help, or if you would like to know more.
They are definitely looking, within and beyond their networks, for:
- Arabic speakers to help with translation and settling families into the community
- ESOL teachers
- People who have worked with refugees, victims of violence, torture, sexual harassment
- Mental health workers
- Education/training support
- Estate agents or any landlord
- Benefits specialists
- Disability and wellbeing specialists
- Social services workers
- Safeguarding experts
- Experienced people working with children
- Experienced people working with vulnerable adults
Their leaflet is here.